Flat Fee Divorce without Children
My flat fee for a divorce without children will total $ 2,000.00 plus court costs (filing fee included) for the following legal services:
- Initial 30 minute consultation to review your completed Client Information Sheet.
- Preparing and filing your Original Petition without requesting temporary orders or emergency relief.
- Preparing and filing the Waiver of Service for your opposing party.
- Includes one deed to convey real estate.
- Appearing with you in Court to present the final agreement to the Court.
As a flat-fee client, you will not be retaining me to:
- Advise you about the soundness of your agreement.
- Request temporary orders or request emergency relief.
- Prepare documents that divide retirement accounts.
- Amend the Petition, or prepare any additional motions during the process.
- Offer tax advice.
- Prepare discovery request or respond to discovery request.
- Take or defend depositions.
- Communicate with your spouse.
- Secure personal service on your spouse if he/she will not sign a Waiver.
- Itemized invoice for legal services.
If your case requires any of the above items, then I will conclude that you do not have an agreement, our flat fee contract will terminate, and you will allow me to withdraw unless you become a fee-based client.
With a flat fee representation, I will not prepare an itemized bill since you are not being billed on an hourly rate, I will not value any assets, and I will not be researching the title to any real estate that is being conveyed.